On the 21st of July, 2017, Anthony Scaramucci, also known as The Mooch, was appointed the White House communications director. He unofficially took the position on the 25th of July, although August 15 was due to be his formal start date. On the 31st of July however, he was fired by President Donald Trump, reportedly at the request of the new White House Chief of Staff, General John Kelly.
He spent only 10 days in office, making his tenure as White House Communications Director the shortest in American History. In this listicle, we look at all the things he did while in office. Enjoy.
- He deleted old tweets
- Just after he was appointed, he held one press conference – the only press conference he held before his dismissal.
- He went on a profanity-filled tirade against his colleagues, calling them backstabbers.
- He advised the President to express himself more.
- July 26, 2017; he threatened to fire everyone on the white house communications staff if Lizza did not reveal the source of leaked information about who had attended a dinner with Trump.
- There are speculations he was behind the firing of Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, who was replaced by John Kelly, who allegedly asked Donald Trump to fire him.
- He flew in the Air Force One, at least.
- He missed the birth of his son.
- His wife left him
This has to be the biggest L ever taken by one man. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.
Full transparency: I'm deleting old tweets. Past views evolved & shouldn't be a distraction. I serve @POTUS agenda & that's all that matters
A great day at the White House!
Trump tweeted this the day Scaramucci was fired. Reminiscent of his days on The Apprentice?
To summarize: Spicer quit because of Scaramucci, who took down Priebus, who was replaced by Kelly, who took down Scaramucci.
I'm laughing too hard. Scaramucci's wife left him because of Trump. Yet he got fired in 2 weeks? What is this life?
Scaramucci got a book deal about his time at the White House. I'm hearing it's a one pager, with room to spare…
INTERVIEWER: can u explain this small gap in ur résumé
SCARAMUCCI: basically i took a tour of the white house & missed the birth of my child