Nigeria, the most populated black nation on earth is notorious for a lot of things – from corruption to Advanced Free Fraud (also known as 419 or Yahoo Yahoo); from our never-say-die attitude to our ability to turn everything to a joke, from the quality of people we ‘export’ to the world to our Jollof Rice, the list goes on and on. But why should someone visit Nigeria? Well, that question is answered in this piece, which are originally tweets by Henry Okelue.
You have a number of great reasons to visit Nigeria ??
This is a thread that tells you all about the good stuff!?
1. Nigeria is the home of Dudu Osun, the famous black soap. It is the reason majority of Nigerian women have beautiful, clear skin. pic.twitter.com/BmWygFk2X5
2. Shea butter, that magical skin and hair care stuff you women love to much…yes, it is a dime a dozen in Nigeria….come take some home pic.twitter.com/1mt9hqmkNi
3. Coconut Oil in its purest form is found in Nigeria. Nigerian ladies are beautiful and nature has all they need to stay that way here pic.twitter.com/p15AiuiYz5
4. Music…yeah. ?? is the music capital of Africa. Wizkid is from here, and he is just one of hundreds of thousands. The groove is here?? pic.twitter.com/cbBlXk15Qp
5. Grilled fish? Ah, you are in the right place. We call it point and kill. We always insist you wash it down with a chilled beer ? pic.twitter.com/gZAaLEh0iX
6. Speaking of beer…you would love it here. After the Irish, we rock beer the mostest. Don't take my word for it, just come here ? pic.twitter.com/pY9EdANGAU
7. Very educated folks. We have plenty here. People with Masters Degrees & Phd's are not hard to come by here. Boko Haram hates us for this pic.twitter.com/fQBMobwIMB
8. Yoruba Demons. Yea, they exist. Devilishly good looking men,dressed to kill, with an edge that will make any woman turn to butter?? pic.twitter.com/jbJDoCgneG
9. Hot women! The Nigerian God never does things in half measures. So he filled the land with masterpieces to keep the guys in 8 occupied!?? pic.twitter.com/XICVhLs6P5
10. The Eccentric. Yeah, we got them like you got them too ? pic.twitter.com/Z3mGqTih55
11. Carnivals and Festivals. From East to West, North to South, Nigerians are happy people, and we express it in very colourful ways! pic.twitter.com/U9sdPavLNL
12. Movies. We own this in Africa. We are number 3 (or 2, depending on what you are drinking) in the world. You will never get bored! pic.twitter.com/dV6dt4moW6
13. Super Eagles. You say Arsenal gives you migraine? Then try these ones. But we love them to death! pic.twitter.com/RZAUSr6wx2
14. You believe in God? Well, Nigeria to paradise is visa free… pic.twitter.com/oEcx2s91yG
15. You don't believe in God? Well, there is room for you too here in Naija…but where you are headed is above my pay grade? pic.twitter.com/5ui2ZF5TKL
16. Frank Donga. Yeah, we got Frank Donga. Dude has been looking for a job for about 10 years now. But yeah, he is part of all we got? pic.twitter.com/3wG5YTgk1W
17. Nigeria is nature's gift to mankind. We don't suffer from natural disasters, we don't know what earthquakes or typhoons feel like pic.twitter.com/BfSFyP3L45
18. African literature is so lit! We are some of the reasons it is so. We have got Soyinka, Achebe, Fagunwa, Ekwensi and many more! pic.twitter.com/ySJ8dchBqC
19. Literature in Nigeria had a very bright future too! Chimamanda, Othuke, Teju Cole, Arese and thousands!! pic.twitter.com/HkAv0w0zdh
20. So on your next holiday, do visit Nigeria. Come see for yourself. You will be left with an experience you will never ever forget! ???? pic.twitter.com/tlfwntzljK
Standing ovation, Henry.