The Nigerian elections are happening in 2019 and it is important that you get out there and make your vote count. As official campaigns begin, candidates are going to promote themselves and their ideology to you. It is important that you pay attention to them.
If, for some reason, you’re unsure about voting next year, here are 6 reasons why you should (need to) vote;
- It’s your right – You have a legal right to vote if you are 18+. Use it and change the system.
- It’s the patriotic thing to do – If you love Nigeria, you should lend your ‘voice’. Come out and choose the best leaders and make it a better place and great Nation.
- Your vote is your voice – Voting is your way of telling the government what you feel is in your best interest and in the best interest of the country. Come out and vote, so that the government would know they are accountable to you.
- Don’t be a hypocrite – If you don’t vote, you literally have zero right to complain about who wins the election. If you truly support a candidate or are truly against a candidate, you should vote.
- You can impact change – Let the change begin with you. Politicians look at who votes. More youth voters mean more youth issues are going to be looked at. This means that your vote will affect your future.
- Every vote counts/makes a difference – When voting the margin between two candidates truly matters. If a candidate wins by a small margin, that candidate will most likely feel inclined to listen to the people and adjust policies. So do not think that your vote does not count. It does!
YOUR VOTE COUNTS! Come let’s make Nigeria great again!