The most popular reality tv show in Sub-Saharan Africa, Big Brother Naija season 5 is set to kick off in less than a week, and after all anticipation fueled by the promise of bigger and better, multi choice have announced a whooping N85 million grand prize for the winner. Chief Executive Officer, MultiChoice Nigeria, John Ugbe in a statement said: “The fifth season of BBNaija marks a major milestone in the reality TV series. We are making this season significant by not only increasing the winnings, but by also implementing other creative and innovative ways to ensure the show lives up to the premium entertainment especially during the current pandemic.”
The 85 million grand prize not only makes this season’s winnings the biggest since the show premiered in 2006 but also signifies the biggest prize for a reality tv show in Africa.
The prize consists of N30 million cash among other prizes, rounding of a mouth watering N85 million. See the full breakdown below
- N30 million cash
- A Two-bedroom apartment courtesy Revolution Plus
- A top of the range SUV from Nigerian automaker, Innoson Motors
- A trip to Dublin courtesy Guinness
- Home appliances courtesy Scanfrost
- A trip to Dubai packaged by Travelbeta
- A Year’s supply of Indomie noodles,Munch it and Colgate toothpaste
- A year’s supply of Pepsi
- A branded chiller and a trip to watch the UEFA Champions League finale
- Finally, a brand new Oppo mobile smartphone
With all these at stake this season of Big brother Naija promises more excitement, drama more.