Winners of the 2019 general elections took their oaths of office on May 29, while some celebrated returning to office, some were replaced, either by end of tenure or by outright loss.
Here are the 11 newly sworn in governors.
- Adamawa – Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri (PDP) defeated the incumbent Bindo Jibrilla (APC) to become governor.
2. Borno – Babagana Umaru (APC) succeeded Kashimu Shettima (APC)
3. Gombe – Muhammed Inuwa Yahaya(APC) succdeeded Ibrahim dankwambo (PDP)
4.Imo – Emeka Ihedioha (PDP) succeeded the out-going Rochas Okorocha (APC)
5. kwara – AbdulRhaman AbdulRasaq (APC) succeeded Abdulfatah ahmed (PDP)
6. Lagos – Babajide Sanwo- olu (APC) succeeded Akinwunmi Ambode after just one term in office (APC).
7. Nasarawa – Abdullahi Sule (APC) became the new governor, suceeding Umaru Tanko Al-makura (APC)
8. Ogun – Dapo Abiodun (APC) succeeded Ibikunle Amosun (APC)
9. Oyo – Oluwaseyi Makinde (PDP) succeeded Abiola Ajimobi (APC)
10. Yobe – Mai Mala Buni (APC) succeeded Ibrahim Gaidam
11. Zamfara – Bello Matawalle (PDP) defeated Bindo Jibrilla (APC) to become the new governor