This 2018 has been a hit from January all the way to December. Lots of artists were releasing hit songs back to back and where going on stage all a around the world performing in grand style. While some artists where hitting the spot, some went underground an we heard little or nothing of them at all this year. Here they are;
- Korede Bello. Korede Bello is a Nigerian Singer and song writer currently signed to one of the biggest record labels in Nigeria, owned by a Nigerian, Mavin Record. He is best known for his hit single “Godwin”, a semi-gospel and pop song which became a national anthem and topped many music charts across Nigeria. Although he was active this year and released 6 singles in total this year, with “Bless Me” being the latest, he wasn’t really heard of this year.
- MayD. Akinmayokun Awodumila (born 28 December), popularly known as May D, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and dancer. He was formally signed to the R&B duo P-Square record label “Square records”. His last song goes way back to 2016 until his album in 2018 “love overdose”.
- Chidinma. Chidinma Ekile (born 2 May 1991), popularly known by her stage name Chidinma, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of Project Fame West Africa. Following the release of the music video for her “Emi Ni Baller” single, she became the first female musician to peak at number 1 on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10 chart. In 2011, she released her first solo single “Jankoliko” featuring Sound Sultan. Chidinma, her self-titled debut studio album, was released through the music platform Spinlet. It was supported by the singles “Jankoliko”, “Carry You Go”, “Kedike” and “Run Dia Mouth”. The album features guest appearances from Sound Sultan, Tha Suspect, Olamide and Muna. Chidinma won Best Female West African Act at the 2012 Kora Awards and performed “Kedike” at the ceremony.chidinma is a versatile female act in the Nigerian music industry. Although this 2018 wasn’t quite favorable for her as she has just one single “Yanga” released.
- Terry G. Gabriel Oche Amanyi, popularly known by his stage name Terry G, is a Nigerian musician and producer. He is widely known for his eccentric dress-sense, controversial lyrics and awkward identity. He has been described by The Punch as “one of the world’s weirdest singers”, by Vanguard as a “weird singer”, and by Channels TV as the “craziest musician in Nigeria”. In 2013, he released his fourth album, titled Book of Ginger. The ginger master has long lost his ginger for quite a while and has gone into business.
- Lil Kesh. Keshinro Ololade (born March 14, 1995), popularly known by his stage name Lil Kesh, is a Nigerian singer, rapper and songwriter. He rose to fame after his chart-topping song titled “Shoki”. Lil Kesh was born and raised in Bariga, a suburb of Lagos State. His music career started in 2012 while rapping among his peers in Bariga until he released “Lyrically”, a single that quickly became popular in Nigerian Universities. In 2015, he was nominated in the Best New Act to Watch category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. Affiliated to YBNL Nation as a recording artist, Lil Kesh is currently signed under his record label YAGI Records, an acronym for “Young And Getting It” and managed by Massive Management. Since he left the YBNL he has depreciated in his performance and songs.
These are the list of 5 artist who didn’t make it to the spotlight this year but lets hope for a better year in 2019.