The Nigerian Senate gets plenty of stick from Nigerians and (if you ask me), mostly rightly so. Many perceive them as overpaid politicians who are not justifying their wages and allowances, and are using the position as avenues to further ‘enlarge their coast’.
One day we will have conversations about their over-bloated earnings, and their (in)/efficiency, but for now, let us tell you 10 major things they did in the last one year, as outlined by The Public Senate, a platform that has been created to educate the citizenry (especially young people) on policy, advocacy and legislative matters.
- Passage of the #NotTooYoungToRun Bill
- Passage of #OpenNASS
- Passage of the North East Development Bill
- Passage of the Ease of Doing Business Bill (Credit Bureau Services bill)
- Passage of the Ease of Doing Business Bill (Secured Transactions in Moveable Assets bill)
- Passage of the Whistleblower Protection Bill
- INEC Reform Bill
- Passage of the 8 Petroleum Industry Governance Bill
- Passage of the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) Bill
- Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Bill
Read and/or download the full document HERE.